on the agenda: saturday morning arrival of mr. michael from the homeland. our chariot awaits us sunday morning (rental car) and we run for the border. two days in northern portugal then northern spain. galicia, asturias and picos de europa. i'm excited to see new parts of the country and spend a week disconnecting from madrid.
four more days.
meanwhile, happy monday. here's a list of some things i've been reading:
- bravo buys television without pity. will the snark end?
- the show with ze frank ends. slate answers the question, what's with the no blinking?
- did you read that spider article in a recent new yorker? holy shit. i'm at once appalled, fascinated and itchy. (hey, the new yorker website got a redesign. nice)
- guitly pleasure: happy birthday perez
- via whatevs: recordreviews.org